Thursday, August 12, 2010

Debut Author on the Rise


Going to BEA this year gave me the advantage of seeing what books publishers were excited about and how campaigns were being executed. I was able to grab the books that were being "tentpoled," read them, and watch campaigns unfold over the past few months.

The book/author that impressed me the most was was Rebecca Maizel's "Infinite Days," which came out last week. I especially point this author out to you because, though she is published by a large publisher, you'll notice her website it still a personal blog with 197 humble followers. If you do the math on that, you wouldn't think she sold over 1,000 books her first week out, but she did.

I can tell you without a doubt that her ARC campaign didn't hurt. ARC campaigns never hurt when your books is exceptional within its genre, but I predict that this is an author you will hear more and more from as time passes.

Today's assignment, should you choose to accept, is to look over her humble website and tell me why I'm betting on her to rise to the top--and how following her example can help you do the same, even if your personal marketing style is (very) different.

Check out her blog here.

1 comment:

  1. I actually won one of her ARC copies on Goodreads. I'm looking forward to reading it--even more so now--and I'll definitely check out her blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete